Our Costume Contest Rules and Weapons policy is in place for the safety and comfort of all guests.
Please take a moment to review the information below.
Judges and Coordinators reserve the right to deny entry or revoke admission privileges to any guest who violate these policies or the spirit of these policies.
If you have any questions about the information below do not hesitate to contact us in advance of the event. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Crow Fest is a family-friendly event, please be considerate of your audience.
- No Nudity or costumes of an excessively revealing nature will be permitted. If the costume is too revealing, you will be asked to cover up or change.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy for hate speech/symbolism, using hate speech/symbolism as part of your costume will result in disqualification.
- Weapons must be fake! No real weapons will be permitted (this includes de-commissioned firearms, airsoft, etc.) staff have the right to inspect any prop, weapon or like ensure compliance with general policy and to ensure the safety and comfort of convention guests.
- Weapons must not be used to scare other people. eg: No pointing a gun at a person. If this is seen you will be asked to leave the premises. A weapon may be pointed at someone for a photo if both parties agree. Please be mindful of other people’s feelings when it comes to the use of your weapon.
- Swearing is not permitted in performance and will result in termination from the competition. Crow Fest will not supply helpers/handlers for contestants. If your costume is big and you need assistance it is your responsibility to ensure you have the help needed.
- You may have assistance constructing your costume. You must tell the judges who helped you and what they helped you with. If this is not mentioned and the judges find out you will be disqualified from the competition.
- Each person may only have one of their costumes in the competition. If you help a friend with a minor section of costume that will not count as you having two costumes in the competition.
- Belittling or harassing will not be tolerated during the event. If this is seen at any time you will be disqualified from the event. This event is inclusive to people of all sizes, races, genders, and sexual orientations.
- Fill in all relevant information on the registration form, in particular note reference to permission to media use for pictures or videos taken during the event.